Incident Response Management
Support with the implementation or optimization of the incident response management
The risk for companies of becoming victims of IT security incidents is constantly increasing. Due to the increasing IT dependency, the potential effects are becoming more and more serious. It is therefore advisable to react proactively to corresponding risks. For this purpose, SCHUTZWERK supports you in the process-based establishment of incident response management.
A company’s IT dependency can rarely be felt more clearly than at the moment of an acute security incident. If information is lost or IT systems fail, the consequences may range from production shutdown to substantial damages to the company’s reputation. The end result is often serious financial damage. Therefore, in the case of an incident counter-reaction, hours and in some cases even minutes count.
Especially for companies with a complex IT environment and / or a high IT dependency, it is therefore advisable to react proactively to the corresponding risks and to establish what is known as incident response management. As a result, security incidents can be identified and limited at an early stage. More importantly, structures and time-saving process models as well as clear responsibilities will have been established. In addition, important interfaces to other processes such as risk management, IT incident management and business continuity management will be created. As such, incident response management aims to minimize damages of a security incident as best as possible and aims to return to regular operation in the shortest possible time. To establish the required structures, SCHUTZWERK supports you in the following areas:
- Drafting a responsibilities matrix and establishing respective positions for incident response
- Creating a risk management interface, particularly for quantifying relevant risks
- Establishing mechanisms for early detection and centralized notification of security incidents
- Creating possibilities for improved identification and isolation of security incidents
- Establishing interfaces to the IT emergency management and business continuity management, particularly in regards to required emergency measures during security incidents
- Establishing interfaces for information security management, particularly in regard to the optimization of security measures to avoid a repetition of the incidence as well as to sensitize relevant persons (in the sense of a continuous improvement process, e.g. in the detection of user-related causes of a security incident)
Acute and strategic handling of security incidents
If you are affected by an acute security incident, SCHUTZWERK will support you immediately withand with regard to relevant .